NYC has a number of tours and attractions that are either free or pay what you wish. Certain conditions may apply, for example, the offer may only be available during certain times, or on certain days of the week. Also, the list and conditions are subject to change so always double check with the venue before heading over.
Pay-What-You-Wish Tours and Attractions:
- Bronx Zoo is pay-what-you-wish Wednesday.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden free all day Tuesday and Saturday 10am-noon.
- Brooklyn Museum of Art is free from 5 pm the first Saturday of every month.
- Jewish Museum free all day Saturday.
- New Museum of Contemporary Art is free Thursday 6-8pm.
- Museum of Modern Art is free Friday 4-8pm.
- New York Botanical Garden is free all day Wednesday and Saturday 10am-noon.
- New York Hall of Science September-June, is free Thursday-Friday 2-5pm.
- Staten Island Botanical Garden is open from dawn until dusk at no charge. Note the Chinese Scholar’s Garden has an admission fee.
- Studio Museum in Harlem is free the first Saturday of every month.
- Wave Hill, the acclaimed public garden and cultural institution overlooking the Hudson and Palisades, is free all day Tuesday, and Saturday mornings 9 am-noon.
- Whitney Museum of American Art Friday 6-9pm pay-what-you-wish admission.