Whether it’s your first visit to the big apple or you are a regular, there are many ways to see the sights. New York City walking tours are one of the best ways to gain knowledge and background on some of the city’s most important places. While you can take a tour on the ever-popular double-decker buses, walking tours are a great option for those looking to stay active and be as close to the action as possible. Walking tours also offer a unique view of special landmarks and places that may not normally get as much attention. New York City was made to be seen, and a walking tour is a great way to navigate the city and immerse yourself in all it has to offer. Read on below to explore options for unique walking tours sure to satisfy anyone’s interest.
Central Park Sightseeing Tours
Central Park Sightseeing Tours offers more than just walking tours of Central Park. Visitors can choose between a tour of the park, a tour of Brooklyn Bridge, or the seasonal New York Holiday Lights Walking Tours.
More information can be found here: https://centralparksightseeing.com/category-tours/walking_tours/
Book with Big Apple by Clicking Here for 30% off!
Brooklyn Distilled Walking Tour
For those interested in learning about how distilling and brewing impacted the history of Brooklyn, this tour will take visitors through Vinegar Hill in collaboration with Kings County Distillery. This tour includes various other sites and offer unique tastings of the whiskey for those of 21 years or older.
More information can be found here: https://www.bigonion.com/tour/brooklyn-distilled/
Central Park TV & Movie Sites
For movie and TV lovers, this unique walking tour will take visitors through Central Park on a two-hour tour to see sites from popular TV shows and movies such as scenes featured in Glee, When Harry Met Sally, and Home Alone.
More information can be found here: https://fareharbor.com/embeds/book/onlocationtoursnewyork/items/26948/calendar/2018/04/?asn=freetoursbyfoot&full-items=yes&ref=freetoursbyfoot
9/11 Memorial & Museum Night Tour
An extremely meaningful tour, this walking tour of the 9/11 memorial and museum incorporates a historical tour of the One World Trade Center area as well as entry into the Memorial Museum.
More information can be found here: http://nyctrip.com/Pages/Index.aspx?PageID=1731
Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Express Tour
This one-mile walking tour gives visitors the opportunity to explore the beauty and rich history of Ellis Island and the infamous Statue of Liberty. This tour includes a ride on the ferry to Ellis Island as well.
More information can be found here: http://www.nyctrip.com/Pages/Index.aspx?PageID=1751
Broadway Up Close: Walking Tours
For Broadway lovers, walking tours through various “acts” are offered to allow visitors to explore the magic of Broadway in real life. Whatever your favorite interest is, there is a tour for you.
More information can be found here: https://www.broadwayupclose.com/tours
Museum Hack Tours
These tours allow visitors to navigate through the museums the city has to offer. Some examples of tours by Museum Hack include the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the American Museum of Natural History. A great option for those who love science, history, or the arts!
More information can be found here: https://museumhack.com/tickets/new-york-city/
- Art Gallery Tours New York 1(212) 946-1548
- Battery Park City Walking Tours 1(212) 267-9700
- Big Onion Walking Tours 1(212) 439-1090
- Chinatown Walking Tour 1(212) 619-4785
- Cititrek Tour & Guide Services 1(718) 447-2587
- Dog-Friendly Walking Tours 1(914) 633-6658
- 8th Street Walking Tour 1(212) 777-2173
- Gotham Walking Tours 1(646) 645-5782
- Hassidic Life Walking Tours 1(718) 953-5244
- I’ll Take Manhattan Tours 1(732) 270-5277
- Joyce Gold History Tours 1(212) 242-5762
- Lower East Side Walking Tour 1(212) 226-9010
- New York City Cultural Walking Tours by Alfred Pommer 1(212) 979-2388
- 92nd Street Y 1(212) 439-1090
- Photo Trek Tours 1(212) 209-3370.
- Take A Walk 1(212) 379-8339
- 34th Street History Tour 1(212) 719-3434
- Wall Street Walks 1(212) 666-0175.
- Z Travel and Leisure Walking Tours by Susan & Art Zuckerman 1(914) 633-6658